What is a Love Bundle?
Love Bundles are given out to aged leprosy patients and you receive a card to pass on as a gift to others, for every Christmas Love Bundle purchased. Maybe you will buy a Love Bundle card on behalf of your family or to give as a gift to a friend or family member who you know would rather see that you have, on their behalf given a gift that will change a life, than be given another $20 gift voucher for yet another Card.
Love Bundles: $20 dollars is all it takes to give something so treasured to people in much need of items so simple. Their excitement in receiving Love Bundles is amazing to be there to witness. When the bundles are given out there is also a special lunch held. It is very humbling to sit down with 80 or more aged patients and see the joy in their eyes and faces for what the day, through you, has brought to them.
This is what is contained in a $20 Love Bundle Gift, each Love Bundle gives an elderly leprosy patient, a new comb, sandal, sari, bath towel, soap, coconut oil, scented powder, hair clips and sweets. Bundles of Love are really more than just presents or a gift.They contain practical needed items.
- Comb: with a long and wide handle, that is easy to hold as many of the aged leprosy patients have deformed hands.
- Pair of sandals: Velcro tape straps, inserts made from soft flexible rubber. The soles are tough recycled car tyre rubber. Each is made to fit the foot as almost all the aged have a serious foot deformity. The sandal prevents ulcers caused through the now curable disease.
- Bright Indian sari for women: which they swap with other women to get the colour that ‘suits’ them.
- Traditional loongi for men: the men are just as enthusiastic to get a new ‘western’ shirt and the traditional loongi.
- Cotton bath towel is a must too.
- Scented powder.
- Hair oil.
- Hair clips or sweets.
To Purchase Multiple Love Bundles please do so at the checkout.
It`s a great time to be in India when the Love Bundles are distributed. For the aged who receive these Bundles all are luxuries. New Hope India Relief Australia Inc is an incorporated registered charity, with DGR Status in Australia.